Hoffmaster Group Inc, an industry leader producing the most complete line of specialty disposable tabletop products for over 70 years, is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Distribution Supervisor to support our Foodservice manufacturing facility in Oshkosh. Hoffmaster competes in three distinct business segments - Foodservice, Consumer, and E-Commerce. Our products can be found in thousands of retailers, restaurants, hotels, and more. As a customer centric company, we strive to deliver innovative solutions to both our customers and the ultimate end users of our products. This Innovation is a key part of what we do here at Hoffmaster, and we continue to drive the industry forward by investing in our employees and state-of-the-art technology.
The Distribution Supervisor will be the face of our Distribution Management Team during assigned Shift Operations and provide supervision to approximately 35 hourly employees who carry out receiving, shipping and stock handling operations in the distribution of paper goods to the food service industry.
The Supervisor is the front-line and primary provider of guidance and management oversight in conjunction with our hourly Group Leads during their shift. They oversee the safe, efficient, and effective execution of daily operations to ensure that customer service, operational, productional, and budgetary needs are met.
Those who enjoy being hands on and engaging with team members to solve problems and deliver the best quality products to our customers in a safe and clean environment have proven to be highly effective in this position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee distribution personnel and assets in our effort to drive results that meet/exceed daily shipping requirements.
- Conduct daily huddle communication meetings with your shift team that cover safety, quality, performance and cost concerns that affect the departments performance.
- Direct accountability to safety performance of the daily operations - make best use of standard work and best practices to avoid injuries.
- Report out safety incident and conduct safety investigations that result in root cause analysis with effective corrective actions put in place.
- Identify unwanted performance trends and partner with Supply Chain Manager to put action plans in place to solve.
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the team structure.
- Communicates proactively with Supply Chain Manager and cross functional teams to resolve rising concerns.
- Lead and participate at Safety, Operational, and cross-functional meetings with all departments and Value Streams as required.
- Assist with rollout of new or different methods/tools/equipment of shipping and receiving to reduce labor, material costs, decrease ergonomic risk, and/or safety hazards.
- Monitor/track key metrics and act on root causes of unplanned or unwanted variances in performance.
- Ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) by monitoring the team and work area and participating in regular audits.
- Assist in other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Understanding of Warehouse Max Capacity and effects on production.
- Ability to direct the team based on the changing needs of the business.
- Safety Mindset
- Demonstrated Communication Skills - Presentation/Verbal/Written (group & one-on-one)
- Team supervision with some autonomy, delivering operational objectives
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills to drive results
- Computer competency in Microsoft Suite and Warehouse Management Software.
- 5+ years of experience in distribution leadership roles and/or education
- Distribution/Logistics Knowledge
- Union employee oversight
- ERP system and Time and Attendance system knowledge
- Experience implementing change
- Key Performance Indicator oversight
- Project Management
- Analytical Abilities
- Continuous Process Improvement knowledge: LEAN, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to chemicals, loud noise, high-speed conversion machines and powered industrial truck traffic
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 50-lbs
- Must be able to ascend and descend ladders and stairs safely
Hoffmaster Group Inc.
Learn more about our multiple locations !
Let's connect! Facebook - LinkedIn - YouTube - Pinterest
We care about our employee's wellbeing which is why we offer a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances, student loan assistance, physical and mental wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)