Academic Psychiatric Hospitalist in Major Midwest City
Block Schedule 7 on/7 off
Medical College of Wisconsin is a private academic medical institution in partnership with Froedtert Health, a seven-hospital system in and around Milwaukee with over 1,700 providers and 40 locations. They are seeking a psychiatric hospitalist to join their growing, active department! The psychiatric hospitalist evaluates and treats patients on the 16-bed inpatient psychiatry unit located at Froedtert Menomonee Falls. The successful recruit will closely collaborate with and provide supervision to APNPs, fellows, residents, social workers and nurses to identify and meet the needs of patients admitted for severe, acute psychiatric needs. Weekend clinical responsibilities (during an on week) will also include providing psychiatric consultation to the medical services at Froedtert Menomonee Falls Hospital, a 285-bed community hospital. You can look forward to:
- Work a 7 days on, 7 days off block schedule!
- Competitive compensation package of up to $400,000
- Flexibility to work at other clinic locations within MCW on off-week, if desired.
- Extensive opportunity for teaching, scholarship/research, and community engagement.
- Join a family-friendly department with a highly collegial work environment which offers great quality of life
- Be part of an expanding team with new clinic and academic space
- Participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System, a public pension program with an 8% retirement match; vested after five years
Big City in Metro Midwest!
- 1.4 million in Milwaukee Metro area and only 1.5 hours away from Chicago!
- Beautiful suburbs of coastal metropolitan on the shores of Lake Michigan
- Ranked "7th Best U.S. City for Physician Pay" by Becker's Healthcare
- A cost of living that is 13% lower than the national average
- Numerous beaches and over 140 parks for all to enjoy
- A "foodie heaven," home to the world's largest music festival, and so much more
- Live in the #1-ranked school district in Wisconsin in 2021 by !
Reference: PSY 9298