Employment Type:Full timeShift:
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals () , over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics () , a college of nursing () , a Medicare Advantage plan () , and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System () serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health () , one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest ranked for population growth, for job growth, for wage growth, and real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at !
About the job:
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Anesthesia Technician II is responsible for providing a clean, orderly environment relating to anesthesia supplies and equipment, assisting the Anesthesia Department in maintaining all equipment and supplies to assure safety and availability, dependent upon departmental needs, and serving as resource for physicians, nurse anesthetists and staff regarding anesthesia supplies and equipment.
What you'll do:
- Exhibits each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards holding self and others accountable and role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Calibrates the anesthesia machine and verifies monitor function under the direction of the anesthesia provider to ensure patient safety.
- Maintains anesthesia carts; orders and restocks all anesthesia supplies and monitors for outdates/expired supplies daily.
- Sets up arterial, CVP, and Swan-Ganz lines and fluid/blood warmer.
- Sets up and maintains cell saver
- Maintains and appropriately uses the Difficult Intubation Cart.
- Properly cleans and maintains laryngoscopes, LMAs, Glidescopes, and bronchoscopes.
- Turnover and clean the anesthesia machine and backstand between cases or delegates this task to the ORA/SSA as appropriate.
- Participates in patient care as directed by the anesthesiologist/surgeon/circulating technologist (perfusionist) and/or RN.
- Participates in call coverage
- What we're looking for:
- Education: High School graduate/GED required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of previous experience preferred
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal, written, and math computation skills.
- CPR certification within 6 months of hire.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.