The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assemble and test IntelliRupter products based on the documentation including bills of material, blueprints and any change notices provided by the engineering staff.
- Complete testing at timing stations and run switch through 10 operations station.
- Complete mechanical work including disconnect assemblies.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Medium voltage electrical experience to run required test cells.
- Demonstrate the ability to work from complex blueprints, wiring drawings, schematic diagrams, and specifications.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience to troubleshoot mechanical or electrical issues.
- Demonstrate experience using and operating machining tools, hand-held tools, wiring equipment, wrenches, torque tools, and other tools.
- Must follow all S&C safety standards.
Relevant Work Experience:
Two years of experience in electronic assembly and wiring. Mechanical assembly and/or electrical wiring. Candidates with electrical or mechanical trade school education may also be considered. 2 year technical degree preferred.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 40 lbs.
- Walking: Frequent walking of short distances to obtain parts for assembly.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional pushing of handcart to/from assembly area containing up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling: Occasional pulling of handcart to/from assembly area containing up to 50 lbs.
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to complete the assembly/wiring tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts (all sizes) along with a variety of hand tools.
S&C is a global company providing equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. S&C's Engineering teams design solutions for a portfolio of products for a wide range of customers including electric utilities and industrial/commercial power users. S&C offers broad opportunities for advancement, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and a strong package of pay and benefits.
The Human Energy of S&C has been built on the principles of integrity, enthusiasm, and sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C would not be where it is today without the diversity of our team members and business partners. We consider our diversity to be a core strength of our company, and we aspire to align our team-member demographics with the populations in which we live and work. To realize this vision, we seek to facilitate the career development of minorities, women and all team members through events hosted by our Inclusion, Diversity, Engagement and Awareness (I.D.E.A.) Group, Women's Empowerment Group and other S&C affinity groups.
S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see .pdf.