ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling, bottling and capping, decorative labeling, flexibles and trays, pharma, handling and sterilizing, labeling and coding, robotics end of line, and systems and integration. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. For more information on ProMach Careers, visit .
Modern is a leading provider of cup and tray filling solutions for the food, beverage, and dairy industries, with systems capable of filling everything from dry foods to viscous liquid products into single- and multi-serve packages. Modern designs equipment that incorporates denesting, loading, filling, foil/plastic lid sealing, and overcapping technologies for cups and trays, helping customers automate the entire front end of their packaging process with a single partner. For more than three decades, customers have put their trust in Modern systems to aid in feeding communities in all parts of the world. Modern is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Filling business line, Modern helps our packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers. ProMach is performance, and the proof is in every package. Learn more about Modern at and more about ProMach at .
Modern is seeking a talented equipment/machine Assembler. A high degree of problem-solving ability is required to assemble complex and precision mechanical assemblies and complicated mechanisms to build a quality product. The machinery has critical dimensional specifications and operating relationships where fitting of components, calibration of operating units, alignment and/or balancing of completed assemblies requires the application of skilled mechanical principles and a broad knowledge of assembly techniques. The Assembly Technician assists with final inspection and testing of machinery to ensure equipment meets performance standards and requirements. The position reports to the Applications Engineering Coordinator. Responsibilities are listed below:
- Read and interpret engineering prints, specifications, electrical schematics, pneumatic drawings, manufacturing manuals, and or verbal and written instructions to determine necessary assembly of machine.
- Plan assembly procedures and methods to assure efficient and timely progress.
- Assemble complex mechanical units where a high degree of problem-solving, extreme care, skilled workmanship and accuracy are required to meet strict inspection, testing and operating specifications
- Position, erect, align and level sub-assemblies, units, and separate components and integrate their operations. Performs fitting, aligning, timing, calibrating and other operations incidental to the mechanical assembly of the machine.
- Tests machines using prescribed testing methods to help ensure machine meets performance requirements before shipment to customer.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Inspect parts for proper machining finish and dimensions.
- Use a variety of precision measuring and gauging instruments e.g. scale, calipers, etc., to inspect and verify conformance of parts to specifications/tolerances.
- Strictly follows all safety requirements for hand and power tool operation, the assembly of parts, forklift and hoist operation, and housekeeping.
- High School degree or equivalent, Technical degree or training preferred
- 3 to 4 years' experience as a machinery assembler
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to handle a multi-tasked role and good organizational skills
- Math abilities to include knowledge of fractions and decimal equivalents. Basic understanding of Metric system measurements and conversion from inches/feet to mm/cm/m
- Ability to use precision measuring procedures
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and general arrangement drawings.
- Good mental and visual abilities along with good dexterity
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job
- Ability to lift in excess of 25lbs
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach utilizes E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
- 1 year(s): Machine Assembly
- Blueprint Reading
- Technically Inclined
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks