Assistant Director Audiology, Speech & Audiology - OTO Galveston, Texas, United States
Business, Managerial & Finance
Requisition # Job Description:
To provide leadership and management of the day-to-day clinical and administrative operations of the Center. Provides direct clinical care and supervision of Audiologists in the delivery of quality clinical services. Specific Job-Related Duties:
Function as a leader for day-to-day clinical and administrative operations with direct accountability to the Center Director.
- Works with the Center Director to identify, develop, and implement long range goals for the Center and to ensure the growth of the Centers services.
- Provides direct clinical supervision of the Audiologists engaged in patient care services to ensure standards of practice are met.
- Manages daily productivity standards and monitors clinician and section productivity in relation to targeted efficiency.
- Partners with the Center Director in the hiring, evaluation, and professional development of staff.
- Develops, maintains, and interprets departmental policies and procedures.
- Establishes, implements, and reviews section objectives, in conjunction with the Center and institutional priorities and goals.
- Provides specialized patient care in the area of Audiology, employing techniques consistent with age specific concerns for the following age groups: neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric as defined in the position addendum.
- Acts as liaison with other departments, physicians, and other specialists, and outside agencies.
- Supports the Center Director in implementing the Centers clinical research programs.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls and quality measures; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
Doctoral degree in Audiology or related field and six years related supervisory/management experience. Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association, and/or American Board of Audiology Certification, and License eligible for Audiology License from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Salary Range:
Commensurate with experience. Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.