As a Day Program Assistant, you will contribute to a great life for children by supporting their health skill development and retention. You will provide and assist with care and treatment services to children as designated by their individualized care plan. You will also collaborate directly with an interdisciplinary team of nurses and outpatient therapists to assist with child development.
New hires may be eligible for up to a $2,000 bonus in the first six months of employment and an additional $1,000 every six months after.
Varied hours, Monday-Friday between 7:30am-5:30pm. Ability to have flexible scheduling.
**Position considered PRN (as needed) due to variation of hours. Typically able to accommodate 10+ hours per week if flexible. Staff may request to work up to 40 hours. If unable to accommodate requested hours, staff may also pick up a secondary position with another service of ChildServe.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Assists the children at ChildServe in becoming as independent as possible through skill development and retention
- Follows all aspects of the care plan, within scope, to include nursing, therapy, and behavior support
- Provides a therapeutic environment for care and treatment
- Follows change of shift procedures to assure communication and continuity of care
- Provides care within scope as designated by nurse
- Maintains accurate, complete and timely records
- Communicates with children, licensed professionals, ChildServe personnel, families, schools, and the public, in a courteous and professional manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferred:Two year degree in human services or education
- Preferred: Experience working with children with special healthcare needs
- Must pass the Iowa DCI child and adult abuse and criminal background check prior to hire and every two years thereafter and complete the child abuse affidavit
- Must also pass the National FBI criminal record check
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process.
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We're not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We're moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.