The Building Information Model (BIM) Specialist will assist the Estimating and Operations teams to provide accurate drawings of new or existing electrical systems to be used in project acquisition efforts.
Huen Electric, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc, is a leading electrical construction firm with offices in Illinois, New Jersey, and New York. Established in 1983, Huen Electric has earned a reputation as a dynamic, proactive, and resourceful electrical contractor. Huen Electric has extensive experience completing successful electrical construction projects and telecommunications for general contractors, commercial and industrial facility owners, local governments, and developers. Huen Electric also provides design/assist expertise, from the preparation of cost estimates and controls to value engineering and preconstruction planning.
- Provide drawings and details to maximize efficient installation
- Provide dimensional layouts as required on projects, including total station
- Model electrical systems to foremen markups
- Import panel, equipment and lighting schedules
- Create and edit 2D and 3D components
- Provide As-built drawings
- Produce drawings to maintain the construction and coordination schedules
- Maintain project drawing log
- Assist BIM Technician as needed
- Model details for Pre-Fab
- Coordinate installations with other trades
- Maintain communication with foreman
- Jobsite visits/walkthroughs
- Contribute to strategic initiatives
- Continuing education
- Assist other divisions as needed
- Understand BIM implementation and execution plans
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers
Principal Skills & Qualifications:
- Revit experience and detailed understanding of its processing including setting up and maintaining jobs, files, families and work sets
- Ability to use most Revit tools within a project; must be able to utilize basic tools associated with electrical design such as conduit and cable tray
- Capable of extracting accurate and detailed information from Revit model through schedules; this effort would identify quantities and values for construction materials
- NavisWorks Manage experience and comprehensive understanding of its function by setting up and coordinating projects, files, and clash detection
- Strong commercial electrical background is preferred to understand the constructability of electrical systems
- Must be reliable, punctual, self-motivated, and have a good attitude
High school diploma or GED is required
Compensation & Benefits:
- Weekly pay via direct deposit. Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Regenexx, Hearing Care, Teledoc, Prescriptions (Low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums).
- ThrivePass Health & Wellness Reimbursement Program - $250 quarterly, $1,000 annually for health and wellbeing-related purchases.
- Annual Paid Time Off starting at 15 days plus 10 paid Holidays (our Cultural Celebration Day is a floating holiday).
- Generous 401(k) Plan with 50% match up to 6%; immediate vesting, and Annual profit-sharing potential.
- Superior educational assistance program (support for educational costs, internal training, and more!).
- Company-paid parental leave program including birth and adoption.
- Company-paid short and long-term disability, life, and accidental death & dismemberment.
- Company-paid business travel accident insurance.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Various voluntary plans available including supplemental vision, accident and critical illness, ID theft, group legal, group auto & home, and additional voluntary life insurance plans for employees and dependents.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include a background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.