- Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
- Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
- Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision-making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
- Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
- Sources and procures materials and services to support manufacturing requirements.
- Coordinates supplier base to assure lead time, pricing, quality and on-time completed delivery to meet objectives.
- Negotiates, in conjunction with senior management directives, contract terms and conditions.
- Mechanical Engineering ability to evaluate blueprints and provides feedback to engineering, from vendors regarding any problems or changes that must be made.
- Evaluates and recommends supplier selection, including site visits to suppliers and potential suppliers, occasionally on an overnight basis.
- Maintains a high level of effectiveness on the telephone and when meeting with vendors and salespersons.
- Performs supplier profile analysis, in conjunction with senior management and other purchasing members.
- Maintains database and generates purchase order contracts, using customized Purchasing /parts/inventory software package.
- Initiates alternative sourcing methods and request for quotes to obtain competitive pricing while ensuring that acceptable quality, on-time complete delivery, and lead times are achieved.
- Establishes standard cost values for production materials, in conjunction with senior management and other purchasing members.
- Exercises the most effective use of company funds in the acquisition of assigned commodities and equipment in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
- Time off must be approved, in advance by the Purchasing Manager so that adequate coverage can be maintained to support our customers' needs.
- Directs parts to appropriate area of manufacturing.
- Maintains inventory using a PC/CRT and keyboard, entering parts received and issued.
- Issues parts to assembly personnel.
- Coordinates shop work orders to plant, when necessary for customer parts orders.
- Enter accurate parts information into our computer system to process customer parts orders.
- Gather and coordinate parts for detailed parts orders prior to assembly and shipment.
- Be able to maintain and access parts manuals and information to identify parts that customers need.
- Fill parts carts as needed.
- Lifts/moves product and/or materials weighing up to 50 pounds while performing functions of product.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times, representing Fogg in a professional and courteous manner.
- Internal Contacts - Frequent contact with all areas of the company, including, Sales Department, Engineering, Production supervision, and all Fogg employees.
- External Contacts - Frequent contact with suppliers and vendors serving Fogg Filler Company.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics Management, or equivalent. Two years business experience preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- PC/CRT and keyboard skills, including working familiarity with spreadsheet software; effective written and verbal communication skills; and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift parts, materials and/or product weighting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to transport self for supplier visits. Occasional overnight travel (less than 5 percent of time away from offices) required.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Valid Passport-preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.