Fairview Health Services is looking for a RN to work out of our Isles location in Minneapolis. This position is approved for 64 hours
every two weeks and is benefit eligible. This position will be an expansion of the traditional RN role in ambulatory care, including hands on clinical care working in collaboration with the clinical team (Provider, Medical Assistant, Visit Facilitator). It is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to expands from the conventioanal RN role and help build a care delivery model that supports a collaborative, hands on approach in providing patient care. We are looking to fill the position with an individual who is motivated by change, searching for a clinical role that combines the traditional aspect of ambulatory care nursing while introducing new opportunities. Hiring Process
If your skills and experience appear to align with those of the position, you may be asked to participate in a pre-recorded video interview.
The recorded video interviews are reviewed by our hiring team and provide the reviewers with insights on the skills, attributes and experiences you possess that will allow you to be successful in your role.
You will be notified by email or phone if selected for the next stage of our recruitment process. At any time, you may also check your application status online in your Fairview applicant profileat this link () . Responsibilities
The registered nurse is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and providing professional nursing care for patients in an ambulatory care setting. While following established standards and protocols, the registered nurse delivers care that is sensitive to the unique needs of the ages served by the clinic. The RN provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established nursing standards and practices. As a member of the care team, the RN supports quality patient and family-centered care principles through performing a variety of high level functions within a care team to support the needs of the healthcare team and patients/families. The nurse will educate patients and the public about various medical conditions, maintain complete, timely and accurate clinical documentation for each patient and continually look for opportunities to improve processes and workflow.
- Assess patient needs and identifies expected nursing outcomes.
- Involve the patient, family, and other health care team members in gathering data.
- Use an ongoing, systematic process to gather relevant data from patient and family.
- Analyze data to identify needs and potential risks, and to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Identify outcomes that are age appropriate, culturally appropriate, realistic, and attainable.
- Validate outcomes with patient, family, and other health team members.
- Documents data and identified outcomes.
- Implements nursing interventions based on plan of care.
- Provides care according to the plan, and in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures, and relevant nursing practice guidelines.
- Coordinates nursing care with the care of all other health team members.
- Initiates age and culturally appropriate measures to meet patient needs and achieve expected outcomes.
- Collaborates, consults, or makes referrals if unable to perform safely and independently.
- Delegates direct and indirect patient care activities to appropriate personnel based on needs, condition, potential for risk/harm, complexity of the skills predictability of the outcome, and patient flow.
- Assures all actions are based on scientific, ethical, or ecological principles; proven effectiveness; past experience; practice standards; patient/family requests and values; or, legal parameters.
- Documents interventions according to practice guidelines.
- Responds appropriately to emergent situations.
- Evaluates care and the patients response to interventions and expected outcomes.
- Systematically and continuously evaluates patients response to interventions.
- Modifies the interventions based on patient response and changing patient condition.
- Involves the patient, family, and other health team members in evaluating care.
- Uses ongoing assessment data to revise patient needs
- Delivers care as delegated by physician/authorized practitioner to assigned patient population, or individual patient.
- Follows the providers plan of care for each patient.
- Prioritizes work based on patient acuity, provider schedule, available resources, and patient/family preferences, in conjunction with the provider.
- Performs high and low risk technical procedures, including medication, as defined by clinical setting.
- Recognizes when different approaches may be needed based on age or cultural differences.
- Implements assigned aspects of the patient teaching plan.
- Documents care in the medical record.
- Effectively communicates compliance and variances to delegating physician/authorized practitioner.
- Takes actions to assure continuity of care for all assigned patients.
- Adheres to all relevant policies, procedures, and nursing practice guidelines.
- Use communication strategies to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Communicates verbal and written information in a clear, concise, accurate, and timely manner.
- Uses communication strategies appropriate to patient/family needs for information, education, and support
- Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team.
- As a member of the care team, continuously improve work processes, environment and the overall experience to serve customers and meet business goals:
- Identify opportunities for improvement in workflow.
- Participate in meetings to support initiatives
- Communicate appropriately with team members
- Engage in change to improve the work environment and patient experience
- Current Minnesota RN License
- One year previous healthcare experience in an ambulatory setting
High level of creative problem solving skills and priority setting. Willingness to work at various sites is encouraged. Demonstrated focus on customer service/patient service with every interaction. Excellent public relations and communication skills. Ability to work as an effective team member to provide exceptional care. Ability to use appropriate computer applications. Ability to work independently, demonstrate critical thinking skills and engage in ongoing process improvement. Ability to embrace change Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota. Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education. Vaccination Update As part of our ongoing efforts to protect the wellbeing of our teams and to provide a safe and healthy environment for the patients and communities we serve, all Fairview employees will be required to receive both an annual flu vaccination and the COVID-19 vaccination series. Current employees must have completed both vaccination schedules on or before October 31, 2021.Beginning August 9, 2021, any new hires who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to receive their first dose prior to their start date and their second dose (if receiving Moderna or Pfizer vaccines) within 4 weeks of their start date. Annual flu vaccinations are also required before the employment start date for employees who begin employment during the flu season.Accommodations requests will be reviewed on an individual basis. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status. Job Locations US-MN-Minneapolis Posted Date 1 month ago (7/7/2022 8:36 AM) Requisition ID 28 Profession Nurse (RN/LPN) Speciality Clinics/Urgent Care/Walk-In-Care Department Clinic - Family Practice Shift day Hours per 2 weeks 64 Location Fairview Isles Clinic