Clinical Leader over Interventional Platform and Cath Lab Services
Good Shepherd Hospital
- Full Time
- Monday through Friday
- 7am to 3:30pm or 7:30am to 4:00pm
- 3 years of this specialty area experience
- RN License
- BSN Preferred
- ACLS required
Purpose of this Position:
This Clinical Leader will be responsible for staffing, scheduling, taking call, manage add-on's, work with physicians via the phone, facilitate the flow between the Cath Lab and IR as well as our Hybrid room. This person will be a leader in the department, so previous leadership (charge) experience is a plus.
To demonstrate excellence in clinical practice, critical thinking and decision-making skills related to their specific area of practice. The Clinical Leader acts as a clinical expert, resource and liaison to ensure continuity and outcome focused care.
- Comprehensive nursing care delivery is ensured by collaborating with physicians and other health care providers in accordance with standards of nursing practice and established policy and procedures.
- 1)- Assumes responsibility for direct patient care.
- 2)- Functions as a role model to support case management.
- 3)- Assumes responsibility for the Surgery schedule.
- 4)- Collaborates with Surgical Supply Tech to make sure all necessary supplies, instrumentation and implants are available for use.
- 5)- Collaborates with Anesthesia to provide the necessary anesthesia care.
- Adequate staffing is provided through the development of staffing plans and schedules.
- 1)- Participates in the selection and development of qualified staff to meet unit and staffing needs on all shifts.
- 2)- Insures a comprehensive orientation is offered to all new associates.
- 3)- Identifies performance issues, participates in developmental plans and disciplinary action as well as counseling and termination.
- 4)- Provides coaching and mentoring for staff on a group and individual level.
- 5)- Participates in revising, deleting, developing job descriptions on an ongoing basis to most effectively meet the workload and demands.
- 6)- Assesses acuity, caseload and complexity of patients to determine adequate staffing levels; determines need for overtime.
- Personnel, facilities, and materials are maintained at required service levels through participation in departmental budget planning and monitoring.
- 1)- Collaborates with Director/Manager to prepare operating budget by reviewing clinical and statistical data.
- 2)- Prepares and submits reports which reflect unit operations, utilization of personnel and productivity levels.
- 3)- Implements cost effective strategies (e.g., inventory, linen control, clinical CQI).
- Inter- and intra-departmental and physician working relationships are managed in order to achieve continued user satisfaction.
- 1)- Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other health care team members to assure delivery of quality care.
- 2)- Actively participates in hospital committees and projects.
- Staff are coached and mentored in order to direct the strategic initiatives in case management.
- 1)- Collaborates with case managers, physicians and staff to improve outcomes.
- 2)- Implements case management strategies.
- 3)- Identifies opportunities and implements strategies to improve clinical outcomes.
- 4)- Conducts timely performance evaluations.
- Safe environment for patients and staff is ensured.
- 1)- Reviews and maintains technical and aseptic practice guidelines.
- 2)- Ensures all policies and practices meet requirements of regulatory bodies such as Accrediting Organization, IDPH, Chicago Board of Health, etc.
- BSN preferred 3 yrs. experience in the specialty area of the unit with evidence of leadership ability Effective 7/1/2015: New Hires and Non-Good Shepherd Transfers- BSN preferred, ADN with agreement to enroll in BSN completion program in two years to be completed in five years. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good organization skills Good communication skills Good human relation skills Ability to conceptualize Basic computer skills
- Current Illinois RN license CPR
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to recognize the needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated, i.e., understanding child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and signs of normal aging. Prior experience with a variety of age groups is preferred. Must be willing to work with exposure to body fluids, hazardous material or life threatening diseases. Ability to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment and in demanding situations. Ability to respond quickly to emergencies. Ability to flex hours. Ability to respond to fire or other codes within the Clinical Area. Ability to communicate and work effectively with others at sufficient pace.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.