- ENSURES SAFE AND EFFECTIVE PHARMACOTHERAPY
- PROVIDES EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY WITH PATIENTS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
- CONTRIBUTES TO THE QUALITY AND EFFECTIVE OPERATION OF THE DEPARTMENT.
- OVERSEES DISPENSING AND PREPARATION OF MEDICATIONS
- IDENTIFIES SAFETY AND COST REDUCTION OPPORTUNITIES
- PARTICIPATES IN QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- MAINTAINS PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND COMPETENCY
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- • Bachelor of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy • At least 1 year of experience in a hospital pharmacy setting or equivalent experience in the job accountabilities preferred. Residency preferred.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- • Familiar with the computer medication order entry process • Familiar with current clinical and therapeutic literature • Good interpersonal skills to deal with a wide variety of individuals • Good analytic skills to make rational decisions about patient care • Good communication skills to achieve understanding and acceptance • Ability to work in a team environment • Adaptable to performing multiple tasks • Ability to prioritize orders • Maintenance of a professional appearance
- • Eligible for Licensure within 60 days of hire as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Illinois.
- • Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to complete urgent tasks preferentially. • Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends. Schedule flexibility to meet the needs of the institution, adaptable to changes in workload and/or work schedule. • Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of hospital staff • Ability to travel to various operating units of the hospital. Ability to walk up / down stairs and use the elevators. • Ability to work in a stressful environment • Ability to use hands and fingers repetitively (ie. use of computer keyboard) • Ability to stand, sit, stoop, and kneel
- • Ability to do medium lifting (20-50 lbs occasionally, 10-25 lbs frequently, & 10 lbs. Consistently) • Ability to perform work & communicate with normal range of hearing and vision • Ability to physically operate the equipment used in the job
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Pharmacy at Advocate Aurora Jobs like this
- Pharmacy Tech I
Park Ridge, IL
- Pharmacy Technician Lead (IV/Chemo)
Downers Grove, IL
- Pharmacy Technician Specialist (IV/Chemo)
Park Ridge, IL
- Pharmacy Tech I Rotating
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique - from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions - for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it's important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.