Lookout...Here We Grow Again!
COME BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH VIBRA + ERNEST! Our culture fosters engagement, diversity and advocacy. Our goal is to empower our employees and support them in their professional growth while leading them on a path to success within our organization. Vibra Hospital of Richmond is seeking a Full Time Coder to join our team!
Vibra Hospital of Richmond, located in Richmond, VA , is a 60 bed Critical Care Hospital , providing acute care services to patients recovering from serious illnesses or injuries. Often our patients require additional critical care services for medically complex conditions such as trauma, infectious diseases, wound healing, cardiovascular disease, stroke, amputation and ventilator weaning. As a smaller, specialized hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you really get to know your patients and their families.
Responsible for abstracting, coding, and sequencing the classification of medical diagnoses and any surgical procedures and treatment modalities on patient records to maximize DRG's/CMG's.Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree required.
- Minimum one (1) year of hospital coding experience required.
- Current, valid, and active RHIT, RHIA, CCS or CPC certification preferred.
- Knowledge of health information management programs preferred, including medical terminology, ICD-10 CM coding, DRG's/CRG's, and policies and procedures of releasing medical information to include HIPAA regulations
- Knowledge of confidentiality and privacy laws preferred.
- Exemplary customer service, communication and interpersonal skills are absolutely imperative.
- Demonstrated positive influences on teams and customers including a willingness to proactively accept change
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
At Vibra+Ernest, employees are our priority. We are passionate about patient care and consider it a privilege to be able to provide services to patients and their family members in the Richmond, VA area. Below is a brief summary of our benefits.
- PPO high and low deductible plans / HSA options as well
- FREE prescription plans
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flex plans, 401K matching
- Company discounts for mobile phone service, electronics, cell phones, clothing, etc
- PET insurance!
- Group legal - provides legal assistance with personal legal matters
- Tuition and continuing education reimbursement
- Work life balance
Per Federal Health Care Worker Vaccine Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption. Anyone hired by the company must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before they can begin employment or request and be approved for a valid religious or medical exemption. Unvaccinated employees on an approved exemption must submit to weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a respirator at all times while in the facility. Some states and locations require increased frequency testing pursuant to state regulations.
At Vibra Healthcare, our patients are family. Healthcare is constantly evolving, our growing organization is devoted to ensuring that each person in our care feels safe. Our world-class team of driven, passionate healthcare professionals are always focused on service excellence and providing top quality care at the bedside.
If you share our values, we want to hear from you!