Summary of Job:
This position is responsible for assisting journeyman level construction, installation, alteration and repair of sheet metal products and equipment in accordance with blueprints, drawings and work orders; provide technical guidance and direction to lower level employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
Provide assistance with:
- Install, alter and repair sheet metal products and equipment - ducts and hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings and work orders.
- Plan and coordinate tasks and amount of material required for performance of work.
- Prepare and implement equipment based on need. Including, but not limited to power saws, drill presses, hand and power shears, pan and box brakes, lock-formers, cleat benders, and rollers to cut, punch, thread and form sheet metal.
- Coordinate and Assemble ducts, hoods and other sheet metal products. Tasks include, but are not limited to solder and bolt connections; apply insulation as required; inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications.
- Quality Assurance - operational checks of ducts and other sheet metal installations to determine quality and any necessary corrective action that may need to be taken.
- Provide direction and technical guidance to less experienced workers.
- Will be required to work independently and be able to keep from one (1) to three (3) apprentices productive
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience should be related specifically to assembling hoods and sheet metal air-conditioning and heating units.
- Proven working knowledge and experience in ability to read and interpreter blue prints accurately
- Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
- Ability to work independently in commercial and construction settings.
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.