Build Your Career as a Controls Engineer in a Growing Company
At ProMach, we're looking for people who want to shine. You'll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You'll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers' packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We're proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
- Apply electrical engineering knowledge to machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to ensure that designs are functional, practical, economical, safe, meet required codes and satisfy customer operating requirements.
- Interface with senior engineers, project managers and occasionally customers to understand and clarify specifications and project design objectives.
- Operate computer-assisted design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Work with panel shop technicians to ensure that assembly, wiring, installation and operation of control panels and electrical systems conform to quality standards, applicable codes and customer requirements.
- Construct accurate and complete bills of material based on designs that conform to cost and performance objectives.
- Inspect, install, troubleshoot and debug machine systems during manufacture and prior to shipment.
- Proactively revise designs to meet specifications and deadlines.
- As needed, provide on-site and off-site technical support to the Company's Field Service Technicians and customers to address and resolve issues encountered during machine installation, start-up, repair and retrofit.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in electrical control system design and engineering for machinery, including programming, start-up and debugging processes
- Experience with PLC Logic using Rockwell, Beckhoff, Siemens, ABB or equivalent
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical, Solidworks Electrical, or EPlan
- Experience with Factory Talk, Indusoft or Aveva products
- Experience selecting and sizing servo drives
- Travel requirement is 25-30% of the time
- Knowledge of practical/fundamental wiring practices for industrial control systems including up to 600VAC motor power circuits and controls (VFDs, FV contactors, Servo Drives), discrete and analog signaling devices, PLC modules, Ethernet communications and safe-guarding controls
- Experience with control panel layout and design
- Knowledge of NEC for industrial low voltage electrical systems (knowledge of UL panel design a plus)
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic (compressed air) systems, materials and manufacturing methods to plan and prepare functional and practical compressed air control schematics and assemblies
- Packaging or food processing industry controls experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills which include presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office - Word/Excel, AutoCAD Electrical, IT)
- Ability to successfully follow direction provided
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role.
What's in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment!
Pro Mach, Inc.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Pharmaworks manufactures innovative blister packaging systems for the pharmaceutical, consumer goods, and contract packaging industries. With a robust and flexible lineup of thermoforming solutions that spans from stand-alone machines to turnkey blister packaging lines, Pharmaworks can handle nearly any customer challenge with unmatched precision to meet even the most stringent requirements. Pharmaworks is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Pharma business line, Pharmaworks helps our customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram !
More career opportunities to consider!
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.