Shuttleworth, based in Huntington, IN, provides integrated product handling solutions using innovative technology and experienced problem-solving specialists to increase line efficiency, maximize profitability and minimize risk. Shuttleworth serves a variety of markets including automotive, consumer, electronics, food, health & beauty, industrial, medical, paper conversion, paper printing & binding, pharmaceutical and solar energy. Shuttleworth is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach's brands visit .
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to provide design efforts from inception through production both in new product design and in existing product redesign of electrical control systems.
- Design, develop and test electrical control systems that meet electrical/software requirements and are delivered at or below quoted budget and within a defined schedule.
- Create electrical control systems around Shuttleworth Slip-Torque® conveyors, machinery, custom devices (pneumatic or electrically powered), and purchased equipment.
- Develop hardware requirements to meet system functional description.
- Develop system and panel schematics in AutoCAD Electrical for assembly.
- Generate and maintain appropriate bills of materials for systems.
- Develop and debug PLC, Servo System and HMI software programs to meet system requirements and proper operation.
- Participate in various capacities in all phases of a project (design, build, testing, customer acceptance, installation, and start up).
- Travel to customer sites for system installation support, startup, and service support, 20-40%
- Work alongside other team members, within the Controls department, and within other departments to efficiently complete high-quality projects for our customers (project management, mechanical engineering, assembly, service, etc.)
- Review and interpret customer functional specifications and drawings.
- Assist sales and application engineering in preparing detailed customer quotes.
- Create and update various documentation during the lifecycle of a project.
- Other job functions may be assigned.
Technical Software Aptitude Requirements:
- Rockwell Automation Products
- Studio 5000 (ladder logic required, Function Block and Structured Text is a plus)
- RSLogix 500 (occasional, legacy support)
- FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (other HMI software knowledge a plus)
- AutoCAD 2D Design Software, Electrical AutoCAD required
- Other Typical Automation Products/Protocols Used
- ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix PLC (occasional)
- PanelView Plus HMI
- PowerFlex AC Drives
- Kinetix Servo Drives
- Sensors and Power Distribution Products
- EtherNet/IP, IO-Link, discrete IO (other network/communication protocols a plus)
- Servo actuators and linear motors (i.e. Linmot)
- Typical IO, Camera, and Barcode Reader Vendors
- Rockwell, Banner, IFM, SICK, Wenglor
- Keyence, Cognex
- Turck, Balluff
- Siemens, B&R, Beckhoff, Omron, Mitsubishi or GE Hardware would be a plus.
- BS or AAS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering or other technical degree college or trade school, -OR-
- 5+ years related experience and/or training, -OR-
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with ability to re-prioritize as required.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills are critical.
- Proficient with entire MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
BENEFITS: Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.