Forest City Nursing and Rehab -
Forest City Nursing and Rehabilitation is seeking a Cook for our skilled nursing facility in Forest City, PA.
You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in accordance with planned menus and established portion control procedures.
Career development opportunities: Potential to become Safe Certified / Certified Dietary Manager, as well as training to become a Certified Nursing Assistant.
$250 Sign-on Bonus*
*New* Now offering Education Assistance:
- Get up to $5,250 per year towards tuition* or
- Get up to $2,625 per year towards paying off a Non-Federal Nursing Student Loan!*
- Full-Time 5am- 1pm (Everyother Weekend)
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- High School education or equivalent
- Preferably One (1) year dining services experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility
- Culinary School preferred
- Covid Vaccine required unless an approved exemption is presented upon hiring
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package including:
- Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care,
- Telemedicine Program,
- Company-Paid Group Life Insurance,
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability,
- 401(k) Savings Plan,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- and Planned Time-Off (vacation, personal, sick, and state sick).
- Buddy Bonus: Bring a friend with you when you are hired and you'll each be awarded $1,000 on your first month's paycheck*
Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans, are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service.