Under the general guidance from the Director of Accounts Receivable, this position oversees the implementation and maintenance of financial components of Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems, as well as operational training, development and monitoring of processes, and policies for the production of timely and accurate revenues and occupancy reporting, within the financial statements and subsidiary ledgers for HumanGood community portfolio.
This position supports community support center (CSC) billers and revenue managers for the accurate, timely filing, collection, and management of third-party billing and private billing for communities. This position will also train team members at the CSC and at communities who perform admissions/accounts receivable/revenue functions; develops and maintains policies and procedures for related activities. In a timely manner, responds to requests for financial information and answers questions as they arise. Required to interface with outside auditors and coordinate work with peers across various departments and levels.
Pay range $90000 - $100000 depending on experience. This position is remote, but prefer candidates that live in the greater San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Philadelphia areas.
- Oversee and test EHR systems when new releases are scheduled,
- Update system with new rates and fee schedules as they are published,
- Update system with new payers/plans, charge codes, charge rules, claims templates, master room changes, and GL set up for AR, as needed,
- Review and update / correct system libraries as identified.
- Design and deliver training, development and monitoring of processes,
- Answer questions, research problems, or gather information as requested by the team members, auditors or audit coordinators.
- Prepare and maintain accounts receivable/revenue/occupancy information for interim and annual audits in a manner that requires little or no explanation.
- Respond to requests for billing or related financial information and answer questions as they arise.
- Train admissions/revenue/accounts receivable team members including bookkeepers at communities who are performing supporting functions.
- Review and approve resident statements before distribution to communities, when necessary.
- Support budget efforts for revenue/occupancy.
- Write and implement AR policies, processes, training materials.
- System implementations for Electronic Health Records and other supporting systems.
- Maintain clearing houses and other software security and set up.
- Maintain Resident Trust setup, security, and reconciliations.
- Process AP invoices for the software that the billing teams use.
- Identify, document, and communicate best practices and process improvement opportunities.
- Provide additional assistance and support as needed in the revenue cycle function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of 3 rd party billing experience handling complex billing issues, systems expertise and strong knowledge of applicable industry regulations
- Experience implementing systems or project managing is strongly preferred
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We provide healthcare benefits for our part-time and on-call team members! We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working after showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of their start date. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.