Contingent, Rotating Shifts
To provide and manage safe, efficient, anesthesia care to the various age populations under the medical direction of the anesthesiologist. Demonstrates the delivery of excellent customer service by exhibiting the hospital's ten customer service behaviors in every aspect of the job.
- Prepares anesthetizing location for safe administration of anesthesia.
- Preparation of the patient, including preoperative assessment and participation in the development of the anesthesia care plan.
- Induction, maintenance, and emergence of general anesthesia in the operating room and off-site locations.
- Maintenance and management of local, regional and conscious sedation techniques in the operating room and off-site locations.
- Peri-anesthestic invasive and noninvasive monitoring throughout the conduct of anesthesia.
- Placement of peripheral venous and arterial lines.
- Participate in post-operative follow-up to include QI documentation and reporting.
- Responds to CPR airway emergencies and performs other lifesaving measures.
- Functions as clinical preceptor to students including observation and evaluation of clinical performance.
- Active participation in continuing education programs and departmental meetings.
- Actively support quality and safety initiatives i.e. PI processes, survey participation, actively continuing member of committee and completes annual mandatory department education.
- Demonstrates the delivery of excellent customer service behaviors in every aspect of the job.
- Education / Training:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nurse Anesthesia.
- Participation in approximately 150 anesthetic procedures or more in the previous two years.
- Work Experience:
- Experience preferred, not required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current Michigan RN Licensure and Nurse Specialty Certification.
- Current Certification as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (NBCRNA).
- AHA BLS and ACLS certification.
- Neonatal resuscitation certification preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Through a team approach, maintains privacy, confidentiality and dignity to patients of all ages.
- Courteously introduces self and provides patients with clear explanation and adequate information regarding care and treatment.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate and monitor all equipment.
- Perform a multitude of tasks with rapid response to changing conditions of anesthetized patients in the O.R.