Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
Now hiring CT Technologists in full-time, part-time and contingent positions at multiple hospital and outpatient locations throughout the Beaumont system. Enhanced pay rates are in effect, and we offer sign on bonuses for eligible new hires $7000/full time and $3500/part-time.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures performs diagnostic CT exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment. Technologists must demonstrate good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for interpretation while applying ALARA principles of radiation protection. Always follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Verifies patient identification and physician order.
- Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
- Acquires an accurate patient history and documents in the medical record.
- Performs CT and related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
- Places IV's as required for injection of contrast media.
- Proficiently operates CT imaging equipment and performs necessary quality control and quality assurance testing.
- Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient safety.
- Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely manner.
- Ensures equipment is wiped down and sanitized between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
- Accurately and efficiently uses hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PAC's.
- Use effective inter/intra-departmental communication and participates with medical staff, management, technical and support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
- 1-3 years' of clinical experience preferred.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); Must remain in good standing with the ARRT. Additional CT certification required within 1 year of hire with the exception; Technologists working in the CT modality before 2008 are exempt from obtaining the additional CT modality certification.
- Other Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers from The American Heart Association and/or The American Red Cross at hire.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.