Full time, rotating shift position.
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
$7000 Sign on Bonus for eligible new hires.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures performs diagnostic CT exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment. Technologists must demonstrate good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for interpretation while applying ALARA principles of radiation protection. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. Verifies patient identification and physician order.
2. Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
3. Acquires an accurate patient history and documents in the medical record.
4. Performs CT and related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
5. Places IV's as required for injection of contrast media.
6. Proficiently operates CT imaging equipment and performs necessary quality control and quality assurance testing.
7. Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient safety.
8. Ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in a timely manner.
9. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
10. Accurately and efficiently uses hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PAC's.
11. Use effective inter/intra-departmental communication and participates with medical staff, management, technical and support staff.
- Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
- 1-3 years' experience beyond staff radiographer level preferred.
- Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; Additional CT certification required within 1 year of hire with the exception; Technologists working in their modality before 2008 are exempt from additional modality certification.
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers from The American Heart Association at hire
A. Physical Effort:
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assistance of others; occasionally requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with assistance; and frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Position requires employee to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires employee to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
- Position requires employee to constantly perform gross body coordination. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as collecting of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness.
- Position requires employee to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods; frequently bending such as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Position requires employee to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as computer screens.
- Position requires employee to constantly be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
- Employee may be: frequently exposed to ionizing radiation. Potentially exposed to hazardous material such as blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and or unpleasant noises: seldom exposed to, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances; fluctuations in temperature, grease, and oil
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.