Full time, afternoon position.
Under general direction, provides coordination of technical and support personnel involved with the acquisition and processing of CT exams. Assigns and monitors the work of CT technologists to optimize quality and efficiency. Oversees the compliance of policies/procedures to ensure departmental standards are met. Performs clinical instruction as requested. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. Leads daily work schedules of staff and monitors patient schedule to ensure efficient and safe patient flow and acquisition of optimal images.
2. Assists leadership in achieving site and system objectives.
3. Demonstrates leadership and conflict resolution abilities through effective problem solving.
4. Effective inter/intra-departmental communication and participation with medical staff, management, technical and support staff.
5. Trains new staff and performs annual competencies on all scan techniques and Advance Processing Workstation applications for CT staff.
6. Assists in interview process/candidate selection.
7. Assists in annual staff evaluations.
8. Performs duties of general CT Technologist when necessary to support efficient flow of patients through department.
9. Uses ALARA Standards for minimizing radiation exposure to the patient, staff, and self.
10. Provide procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
11. Performs radiographic related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
12. Accurately and efficiently uses hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PAC's.