Our Data Centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative services. Meta is seeking an experienced, outgoing, and self-motivated Startup Engineer to join our Startup and Readiness team within Global Facility Operations. This person will work at the leading edge of Facility Operations to prepare for turnover and initial operation of our growing fleet of Data Centers. Managing stakeholders spread across time zones is a significant challenge and key to the success of our individual projects and overall program. Required Skills:
Data Center Facilities Operations Regional Startup Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Facility Operations Site Startup project plans for an assigned geographical region. To work closely with those site Facility Operations teams to support meeting all project milestones during construction.
- Develop and maintain key programs supporting the overall Site Startup effort.
- Identify and correct gaps in existing processes or lack thereof related to starting up new and leased Data Center facilities.
- Influence cross-functional partner involvement at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource concerning operations of Data Center facilities and equipment, specifically for sites in the construction phase.
- Support hiring and onboarding of Facility Operations personnel. Coordinate manufactured equipment testing participation and personally support when needed.
- Ensure the General Contractor coordinates vendor training for technical and shift operations personnel.
- Coordinate with the site teams to establish all required service contracts prior to handover.
- Develop and approve processes, procedures, and reporting metrics that help drive successful turnover of new and leased Data Centers.
- Coordinate with the site Facility Operations teams to facilitate execution of the Construction/Facility Operations handover checklist. Verify all deficiencies are documented with temporary mitigations plans in place, and a roadmap exists outlining implementation of final corrective actions and closeout.
- Interface and coordinate with internal organizations and stakeholders to include Data Center Design, Infrastructure Construction Management, Global Facility Operations Support, Data Center Facilities Engineering Team, Procurement, and Logistics teams to support driving day one readiness at turnover.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (25%-50%).
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls).
- Experience in working with new and leased data center facilities.
- 8+ years experience with construction and/or operations of mission critical facilities.
- Experience leading teams and sub-contractors.
- Experience educating and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Experience communicating risk versus benefit.
- Experience in integrated change management across a global organization.
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment from switchgear down to panelboards, VFDs, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, Diesel Generators, DX units, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories.
- Analytical, creative thinking and communications skills with proven experience in effectively distill and communicate complex details throughout all organizational levels.
- Formal project management training and experience.
- Highly skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with collaboration software. Experience in MS SharePoint, project management software (e.g. MS Project, P6, etc.), construction management tools, and data visualization software and tools.
- Process oriented with high attention to detail.
Internet Equal Opportunity:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .