Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replenishes manufacturing lines with requested material and files appropriate paperwork.
- Empty gaylords and dumpsters
- Document transactional movement of material
- Verifies quantities of material received against packing slip.
- Places incoming material in designated area.
- Communicates with Receiving Supervisor and Buyer/Planners to ensure adequate Inventory Levels.
- Must work safely: always using Personal Protective Equipment and following company's safety procedures and policies.
- Support production through the use of moving, organizing and sorting of material.
- Understand and meet the operation performance standards established for the Receiving Department
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- Understand and carry out oral instructions
- Read and carry out written instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Be at work everyday and on time.
- Work with a since of urgency.
- Maintain a clean work area and enforce the organization and storage of inbound shipments
- Must possess, display and use communication skills with the production lines to ensure that lines keep running.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- The employee will be required to obtain powered industrial truck license additional training on moving baskets and glass.
- Three to six months of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Valid driver license or reliable means of transportation
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft software.
- ERP System experience or willingness to learn
- The employee is regularly required to - stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. High School Diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and Skill: Basic reading, writing and math skills. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery. This job requires the ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Good interpersonal skills are needed to operate in and maintain a team environment.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to problem solve with or without oral or written instructions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand. Employees are required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; turning or twisting; pushing; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift, push, and/or move up to 50 pounds. 50+ pounds must be lifted with assistance.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Some of this role requires the employee to be outside moving, sorting and organizing. Must be willing and able to working in all conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the average plant temperature conditions range from 60 degrees in the cooler months and up to 110 degrees during the warmer months. The plant floor requires the use of safety glasses, hearing protection, cut resistance gloves and sleeves.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well