The Gardens at Gettysburg -
The Gardens at Gettysburg is seeking a Dietary Aide and Cooks for our skilled nursing facility in Gettysburg, PA.
Cook will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in accordance with planned menus, established portion control procedures.
Dietary Aide will work alongside other medical professionals to provide assistance in all food services functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established food services dietary policies and procedures.
$3,000 Sign Up Bonus
*New* Now offering Education Assistance:
- Get up to $5,250 per year towards tuition* or
- Get up to $2,625 per year towards paying off a Non-Federal Nursing Student Loan!*
- Cook PT / PRN 11:30am - 7pm
- Dietary Aide FT / PT 2pm- 7pm
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis
- Assist cook in preparing meals
- One (1) year dining services experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred
- Culinary School preferred
- Must be ServSafe certified
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED preferred.
- Covid Vaccine required unless an approved exemption is presented upon hiring
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and affordable benefits package including:
- Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care,
- Telemedicine Program,
- Company-Paid Group Life Insurance,
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability,
- 401(k) Savings Plan,
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
- Commuter Benefits,
- and Planned Time-Off (vacation, personal, sick, and state sick).
- Buddy Bonus: Bring a friend with you when you are hired and you'll each be awarded $1,000 on your first month's paycheck
Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans, are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade, location, and length of service