Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
We are currently seeking a Consulting Executive with prior healthcare Information Technology Operations consulting experience or a blend of relevant healthcare industry and consulting experience. This digital or IT executive should be passionate and capable of leading healthcare institutions technology prowess to meet their new strategic, compliance and operational demands as we redefine the way care is delivered. The successful candidate will:
- Will lead comprehensive assessment, design, development and/or implementation of technology enabled solutions to create high performing health care organizations. You will design and lead a portfolio of critical consulting engagements focused on several of these HIT area: IT strategy, IT security, IT infrastructure, digital strategy, general performance improvement/cost optimization, clinical optimization/variation/command center, ERP/Corporate Services Medicare Advantage intelligence and governance, revenue cycle IT enhanced Optimization, Cloud solutions, experience (patient, physician, staff, member); at payors, hospitals and health systems across the country
- Advise the CIO and CTO on optimization including: IT spend for labor, IT Spend for non-labor, Insourced vs. Outsource IT opportunities, IT rationalization, Infrastructure spend, and hosting alternatives.
- Develop and deliver high impact performance improvement and organizational change opportunities that enhance operating margin and maximize IT performance.
- Build relationships and credibility with Business and IT C SUITE as well as senior IT leadership that results in consulting sales and superior consulting deliverables.
- Understand current technology trends and how they apply to the Healthcare segment
- Create insights from comprehensive data analysis and comfortably use detailed analytics
- Participate in complex client performance improvement engagements as the IT Operations Subject Matter Specialist on assessment and implementation projects.
- Create structured client deliverables and make influential executive presentations
- Prepare draft proposals and/or engagement letters for providing services in accordance with established standards and confer with their supervisor for input and approval for projects planned.
- Partner with marketing to prepare meaningful IT related collateral
- Attend appropriate professional meetings and conferences, prepare and deliver innovative thought leadership white papers, public speaking engagements/workshops to maintain and expand firm and personal brand as a Digital Technology expert.
- 10+ years (minimum) of experience in technology to enhance healthcare clinical operations, performance improvement, strategy, labor and nonlabor optimization, clinical operations and beyond focused in a health system setting, much of which is at the management level
- 3+ years delivering programs in a consulting or consulting like environment; driving complex, multi-faceted, multi-site, application/operational change/improvement programs with annual budgets of $5 million plus (15 + resources).
- 3+ years selling consulting or professional services.
- Deep knowledge and 5+ yrs. of designing multi-workstream IT solutions (EMR, ERP, RPA, cloud, workday) and data bases which are integral to enabling efficient and appropriate to managing cost, quality and throughput of care. Preferably with both specialization and generalist work activities.
- 8 + yrs. assessing, designing, developing and/or implementing technology solutions (preferably into a health system) that delivers business outcomes and have extensively leveraged a deep technical and functional mastery of ERP (workday, Oracle, Infor) or EMR (EPIC, Cerner or Allscripts) healthcare applications to solve healthcare business concerns.
- Four- year degree at an accredited university or college, MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel routinely 15 + nights per month
- Working as CIO, Deputy CIO or similar role in a large health system and accountable for the adroit use of technology to enhance health system or health plan operations reducing cost of IT or improving process with IT. Or consulting advisory work directly advising the CIO/CTO/CMIO
- Adroit use of methodology and leadership within the project management setting; PMO experience a plus
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Be a team player; demonstrate attention to detail and problem solving skills; able to work independently.
- Previous hands on experience with client services, training and project development desired.
- Personal integrity and a strong personal commitment to meeting client needs are required. Must be able to make positive presentations before individuals and groups and win the trust and confidence of others. Have the base skills and personality to participate in business development activities.
- Strong understanding of health system (or Health plan) business operations
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills and ability to independently produce documents or aptitude to develop this level of skill within a defined period of time; MS Project Experience preferred
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to influence business leaders and team members by exposing and defending points of view
- Able to build critical client relationships across the account and become a trusted advisor for healthcare clients and create strategic recommendations to drive change in a digitally-enabled era, secure buy-in for the recommendations, and collaborate to help reinvent businesses and industries
- Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovation solutions
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job esponsibilities as described.
- This position is open to candidate virtually from EST, CST, PST time zones as well as AZ, UT.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- No sponsorship is available for this position
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications ..... click apply for full job details