Brief Company Overview:
Axon, based in Raleigh, NC, manufactures shrink sleeving, tamper evident banding and stretch sleeve applicators as well as heat shrink tunnels that are engineered for reliability, flexibility and value. Utilizing continuous motion technology, Axon product labeling equipment applications include beverages, processed foods in tubs and jars, cultured dairy products, pharmaceuticals, health & beauty aids, novelties, and household products. Axon is a division of ProMach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, ProMach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking.
Does this work interest you?
Axon is seeking a talented Electrical Controls Engineer to be responsible for designing the controls panels and other electrical systems which drive Axon's various packaging machines. This includes preparing technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems. Successful candidate will be responsible for design, review, and issuance of required electrical schematics which detail power supply, Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and accompanying Human Machine Interface (HMI) screen logic. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Apply electrical engineering knowledge to machinery principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to ensure designs are functional, practical, economical, safe, meet required codes and satisfy customer operating requirements.
- Interface with other team members, project managers and occasionally customers to understand and clarify specifications and project design objectives.
- Operate computer-assisted design software to perform engineering tasks.
- Work with panel shop technicians to ensure assembly, wiring, installation and operation of control panels and electrical systems conform to quality standards, applicable codes, and customer requirements.
- Construct accurate and complete bills of material based on designs which conform to cost and performance objectives.
- Inspect, install, troubleshoot, and debug machine systems during manufacture and testing.
- Proactively revise designs to meet specifications and deadlines.
- As needed, provide on-site and off-site technical support to the Company's Field Service Technicians and customers to address and resolve electrical/control issues encountered during machine installation, start-up, repair and retrofit.
- Write, compile, and produce preventative maintenance procedures for Axon control panels and electrical systems.
- Manage electronic files and database library to Axon standards.
- Communicate when called upon with Sales, Purchasing, Production and Aftermarket relative to machine specifications, design information, machine capabilities, concepts and problem solving.
- Analyzing and prioritizing projects based on internal company needs and customer schedules, or as defined by the Director of Engineering.
- Interfacing with all other departments e.g. Sales/Marketing, Aftermarket, field services, purchasing etc. to coordinate work/projects to ensure customer on-time delivery and quality.
- Revise parts and create BOM's to maintain updated drawings and complete Eng. Change Notifications
- Review project milestones daily to ensure timely execution of project objectives
If this sounds like you, we'd like to connect!
- BS in Electrical Engineering (Masters preferred)
- 5-7 years practical experience in electrical design and/or application engineering
- Familiar with UL, NEMA and CE code
- Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical design software
- Knowledge of electrical design standards, PLC & HMI logic, servo/AC/DC motors, electrical power distribution
- Flexible and dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to effectively prioritize duties and handle multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP Systems (Syteline)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently or harmoniously within a team along with superiors, peers and internal/external customers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Some travel is required
What's in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment!
Pro Mach, Inc.
We were named to the Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally, with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. ProMach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.