At Chesapeake Dental Specialists, we pride ourselves in delivering amazing patient care while maintaining a dynamic and fun culture. Our office treats our patients like family and highly values our patient relationships. We work hard and offer the most up-to-date procedures to provide comprehensive care. Our team is an incredible group that works together to achieve the results we are looking for smiling faces on our patients and our team!! We would love to have you join our office family!
The Endodontist Assistant is responsible for assisting the dentist in clinical and administrative duties, including; prepare patient for procedure or exam, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials and assist during dental procedures.
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures including but not limited to take directions from doctor, anticipate doctors needs, performing patient oral evaluations, take, develop and mount accurate and high-quality X-rays, various laboratory duties including provisional.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality according to the HIPAA guidelines. Adhere to safety guidelines/procedures to OSHA and practice standards.
- Prepare patients for treatment and assist the doctor in patient treatment to keep patients as comfortable as possible throughout their visit.
- Perform administrative tasks such as appointment scheduling, charting, and filing.
- Prepare patient charts, record treatment plans, and update dental records.
- Prepare, organize and sterilize instruments, materials, and equipment in accordance with infection control and biohazard protocols.
- Provide patients with information on oral health care and instructions, as directed by the doctor.
- Ensure instruments and equipment are effectively maintained.
- Provide excellent patient care at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of Endo experience.
- Dental assistant certification where required.
- X-ray/Radiography certification.
- Nitrous oxide certification preferred.
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA, BLS and infection control training as required by law.
- Experience with relevant dental software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good understanding of chairside responsibilities, and health and safety protocols.
- Excellent understanding of dental records, charts, and documentation.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent patient care.
- Consistent professionalism in appearance and attitude.
In return for providing an excellent patient experience, we offer a great benefits package to include health and dental benefits, 401(k), holiday pay and paid time off.
External Company URL:
Street: 560 Kempsville Road