Continue Your Career as a Field Service Technician in a Growing Company
At ProMach, we're looking for people who want to shine. You'll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You'll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers' packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We're proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Field Service Technician's primary responsibility will be to ensure the installation, commissioning and customer support on all equipment manufactured and sold by NJM Packaging. This position supports our NJM brand based in Montreal, Quebec and will service customers in the United States. The position will be based remotely, and preferably close to a major U.S. airport hub. Since this position will be based from our Pharmaworks office in Odessa FL, the technician is required to be located at reasonable distance from this location.
In this role, you will...
- Ensure the installation service as well as start-up of equipment and machinery in accordance with established priorities;
- Following receipt of recommendations and instructions from the Service Department, change certain configuration settings in systems such as vision, coders, PLC, HMI etc.;
- Solve operating problems, carry out repairs and make adjustments either by phone or at the customer's site;
- Train operators and maintenance technicians at the customer's site when equipment is commissioned;
- Respond to the different requests for service transmitted by the coordinator; Prepare service reports to ensure proper follow-up;
- Assess customer needs and opportunities in order to optimize their equipment and processes and propose solutions such as preventive maintenance programs, and then communicate information regarding identified improvements to his superior;
- Follow up with the customer after a visit to ensure their satisfaction;
- Make courtesy calls and visits on a regular basis to follow up with existing customers;
- Consult the database that contains all actions carried out on equipment and updated information from the customer (Sales Force), prior to making, and in order to optimize service calls or visits;
- Review documentation and identify corrective actions (Ex.: When equipment is commissioned for the first time, operations manuals should be reviewed);
- Constantly keep abreast of changes and be on the lookout for updates and new equipment developments.
- Share and exchange solutions with other service technicians;
Who we're looking for?
- College diploma in Industrial Electronics Technology with concentration in Instrumentation and Control, or any other relevant training;
- Five (5) or more years of experience in equipment and automation, ideally in the packaging sector;
- Expertise in mechanics or electro-mechanics;
- General knowledge of PLC, human-machine interface (HMI) and Allen Bradley software (RS Logix 500/5000);
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams;
- Basic knowledge of the Office suite
- Excellent customer service orientation and positive attitude;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- The regular workweek is forty (40) hours. However, that number of hours may be exceeded and spread out from Sunday to Saturday, depending on customer demand and emergencies.
- Frequent travel into Canada and in USA, by car or airplane is required;
- A valid US passport is required at all times.
- A valid driver's license is required at all times
- The work requires manual labor and physical exertion.
What's in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck.
Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental/vision programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment!
Pro Mach, Inc.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
The world's proven, trusted, single-source provider of automated packaging machinery for pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and personal care products, NJM offers both stand-alone solutions and integrated systems for packagers of solid dose and liquid pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, vitamins, and food supplements. As part of the ProMach Pharma business line, NJM helps our customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram !
More career opportunities to consider!
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.