Build Your Career as a Field Service Technician in a Growing Company
At ProMach, we're looking for people who want to shine. You'll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. A mechanical marvel. A customer service authority. Meticulous. A closer. A futurist.
You'll be challenged and rewarded. Make friends and have fun. Improve our customers' packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We're proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Benchmark is seeking a talented Field Service Technician to install, troubleshoot, repair, and optimize mechanical, electrical and controls equipment related to Benchmark custom machinery. In addition, this position requires pre- service trip preparation, follow-up technical service reports, parts quotations, and frequent customer engagement. This position reports to the Aftermarket Services Manager and is located in our Statham, GA facility.
- Mechanical equipment rigging, positioning, and lagging.
- Mechanical assembly of frames, motors, drives, chain, bearings, supports.
- Strong familiarity with basic settings, operations, and diagnostic work for Programmable Logic Controllers, primarily Allen Bradley Compact Logic.
- Basic wire routing from source to point of use, including 120 V, 480 V, control & network communication wiring and sensors.
- Visual inspection and monitoring of machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting & Documentation - Common problem-solving skills and documentation of as-built and installation conditions and modifications
- Inspects and measures parts to detect and evaluate wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Must be able to conduct training for all Benchmark, Kleenline and Southern Packaging equipment.
Removes and replaces worn or defective parts and realigns and adjusts components
Who we're looking for?
- Accredited vocational or engineering technical degree or 5+ years of equivalent experience with industrial systems and machines.
- 5+ years of experience with machine testing, validation, installation, preventative maintenance, and repair.
- Experience with industrial automation and the assembly of manufacturing equipment
- PLC troubleshooting experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Prior experience reading electrical prints and schematics.
- Basic computer skills with email, Excel, and Word with technical written skills required to develop post trip service reports.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, and professional presence.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated and focused on time management.
- Valid driver's license.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements to be considered for this position.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time.
What's in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment!
Pro Mach, Inc.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Benchmark designs and manufactures high-performance, low-maintenance, easy-to-operate product handling systems for food and bakery manufacturers, including distribution systems, automatic cartoner infeeds, shuttle and disk feeders, stackers, mergers, tray loaders, and slug loaders. Benchmark also manufactures the Southern Packaging line of intermittent motion horizontal form fill seal pouch packaging systems. Benchmark is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Product Handling business line, Benchmark helps our packaging customers protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers. ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram !
More career opportunities to consider!
ProMach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.