In this role, you will provide an exceptional customer experience in stores while processing a wide variety of transactions. You will identify and refer customer relationship-expansion opportunities.
- Handle a wide variety of transactions on multiple systems in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Utilize basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships, often while processing customer transactions. For example, may discuss new Umpqua products that properly fit the needs of the consumer or business customer while cashing the customer's check.
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service by providing answers and assistance for customers' questions and concerns.
- Cross-sell other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
- Review and maintain knowledge of products, fees and policies and stays current on offerings and can make product suggestions with assistance.
- May open and process simple consumer deposit accounts
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security, and other regulations that apply to your position
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy; maintains professional dress and demeanor.
- Requires reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills
- Less than 2 years of previous banking or demonstrated sales experience, preferred.
- High School Diploma, or GED, required.
- Associates, Vocational Training, or equivalent, preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Occasional walking
- Lifting to 10 pounds
- Office Environment
No relocation is offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. Greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs, and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.