Position: Full Time Associate Manager
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Salary Range: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
Life Storage is a leading self-storage provider headquartered in Buffalo, New York, that offers storage solutions to our customers with over 1000 locations throughout the United States.
Life Storage is built on a foundation of respect and integrity. We strive to be the best in the self-storage industry by providing our customers with responsive service, innovative solutions, and high-quality properties. We consider our customers, shareholders, team members and communities in every decision we make as we work to deliver strong, sustained growth and add value to our company.
We have an immediate opening for an outgoing Associate at one of our locations. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 years retail sales and customer service experience, along with strong multitasking abilities.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Renting storage spaces & selling store merchandise
- Working face-to-face with customers, providing excellent service and build excellent rapport with new and existing customers, while enhancing your customer service and sales skills and experience
- Accepting payments and completing daily bank deposits
- Keeping the property and office clean and tidy, walking around the property performing lock checks and showing the units to customers
- Physical requirements of the job include daily walks of the property, cleaning the units and the property, opening and closing the storage doors (up to 50 lbs.), and similar light activities
- Other general office duties
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Exemplary face-to-face and phone customer service
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds is required
- Prior management or leasing experience with steady work history preferred
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required in order to complete daily bank deposits
- Must have a flexible schedule with weekend availability
- You may also be required to work other locations in the area based on business needs
- A competitive rate of pay plus an excellent bonus structure
- Work/Life balance: no night hours, open on weekends, flexible scheduling for more time with family and friends
- Investment opportunities through our 401(k) Plan which includes company matching
- Paid vacation time, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, life and other ancillary benefits (full time employees only)
- A free Employee Assistance Program (EAP), storage and rental discounts
At Life Storage, we know our people are what makes us successful. Our vision is to develop the people and systems to support profitable growth while making every interaction count. A Life Storage employee is:
- Customer Oriented-Our customers are top priority and the service we provide is second to none.
- Innovative- We anticipate and embrace change while creatively meeting all challenges.
- Respectful-Life Storage employees treat our fellow team members, our customers, our shareholders, and our community with the highest degree of dignity, trust, and honesty.
- Accountable-We take responsibility for our actions and accomplish the appropriate results.
- A Team Player-We will leverage the experience and talent of every team member to achieve extraordinary results.
Life Storage values diversity and believes that our differences are what help us cultivate and strengthen relationships with our customers, our communities, and fellow teammates. A culture of inclusion which expects all associates to embrace and value diversity is required. Our collective experiences and backgrounds set us apart as an employer and as a storage provider.
If you're looking for an innovative, growing company with the highest ethical standards and where all employees are valued and respected, Life Storage can offer you a rewarding career! Apply today!