The Garment Technician is an entry level position that is responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which can include: receiving laundry carts, garment point of use replenishment, used garment inspection, and allocation of hanger spaces within customer gown rooms.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Point of use replenishment of laundry items
- Collection of used garments
- Inspection of used garments to identify any damage prior to shipment
- Collection of usage data at point of use and adding it to tracking log
- Receive inbound shipments from common carriers
- Responsible for preparing shipping documentation and staging material for pickup.
- Manage Customer's database of hanger assignments
- Inspection of any damaged garments being returned as truly damaged items.
- Daily inspections of inventory & soil bins checks to avoid overflow
- Review and approve any invoices to packaging and shipping receipts.
- Ordering new garments as needed
- Mapping out garment locations for training aids
- Point person for any garment issues or concerns
- Special projects - tours and inspections
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Experience in customer service, material handling and/or inventory replenishment
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, and security clearances
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in an office, stockroom, or warehousing environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level
The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at recruiting@ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.