With roots dating to 1891 and approximately 7,100 employees, MYR Group Inc. (MYR Group) subsidiaries provide large-scale electrical construction services throughout the U.S. and western Canada. Throughout our history, we have delivered some of the largest electrical infrastructure and notable commercial and industrial projects, and have been consistently recognized as one of the top five specialty electrical contracting firms by Engineering News-Record.
This position will be a field position working on and maintaining a wide range of company vehicles and equipment. This will be a union position. All candidates must be willing and able to sign on with the IBEW if hired.
- Performing preventative maintenance on electrical construction and transportation equipment
- Constructing, maintaining, and testing mechanical equipment
- Regular and predictable attendance
- The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned
MYR equipment to include but not limited to:
- Bucket trucks
- Digger derricks
- Boom trucks
- Construction equipment
- Overhead pullers and tension machines
- Aerial lifts
- Large mobile cranes
- Class 1 to 8 vehicles
- Dozers and other construction equipment
- 3-5 years of experience on class 1 to class 8 chassis service and repairs.
- 3-5 years of experience on aerial equipment, insulated bucket trucks, digger derricks, and large mobile cranes (Aerial certification training preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience on dirt equipment, backhoes, dozers and electrical placing equipment, overhead pullers and tensioners
- 3-5 years of experience in hydraulic systems
- Ability to pass a background, MVR, and federal drug screening
- Welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas preferred
- Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
- Must have a Class B CDL
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries do not work with any third-party recruiters or agencies without a valid signed agreement and partnership with the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.