White Sands, a HumanGood life plan community (CCRC) in beautiful La Jolla, CA, is seeking Home Health Aides for our Home Care team. As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that our residents are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU. You would develop awareness of residents' interests and needs and assist residents to maximize their independence. You would help create a safe environment in which to provide care.
- Day shift 8am to 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday
To be successful in the role, you would have:
- Prior experience working with seniors
- Current First Aid & CPR certifications
- Flexible schedule
You would be responsible for assisting our residents with their activities of daily living which include:
- Engaging in our philosophy for Person-Directed Care ;
- Provide assistance in the personal care and protection of our residents in their private residence;
- Develop awareness of residents' interests and needs;
- Assist in dressing, grooming, ambulating, transferring, feeding, bathing, oral hygiene, etc.;
- Prepare meals and assists in dining activities as needed;
- Assist and escort residents to medical and social appointments;
- Perform home management such as housekeeping, shopping, laundry, sorting mail, etc;
- Accurately reporting unusual symptoms and problems of residents to supervisor;
- Attend and actively participate in training sessions and meetings as appropriate;
You would display behavior that supports the mission, vision, behaviors and values of HumanGood.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
401(k) Plan with Company Matching
Potential for Team Member Appreciation Pay
Tuition Reimbursement for Team Members and College-Age Dependents
Paid Time Off up to 4 weeks (full-time)
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease. Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working after showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of their start date. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
HumanGood is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.