We are actively seeking an experienced architect to help drive AutoZone on our Digital Transformation of the end-to-end Supply Chain. As part of an overall Digital Transformation, Supply Chain IT will be replacing our existing Truck Routing Systems, Yard Management Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, and Labor Management Systems. Additionally, these systems will need to integrate with recently replaced/upgraded Replenishment and Inventory systems. Over the next two years, we will completely re-architect and build a new Warehouse Management System using the latest cloud/mobile technologies.
Architects will collaborate with customers, business analysts, designers, and software developers to analyze, plan, design, and deliver innovative solutions to complex, high-value business problems.
- Define enterprise guidelines and enforce enterprise development standards and practices
- Map project business requirements to systems/technical requirements to ensure they are in line with enterprise architectural plans and industry best practices
- Define and develop the emerging solution architectures and ensure that the team is successful within the technical framework
- Lead, direct, and produce technical designs/architectures at a project, product, and program level with proficiency in the areas of disaster recovery, data integrity, service continuity, component redundancy, security, etc.
- Participate in and lead high and low-level technology discussions with management, vendors, and customers
- Provide technical leadership to build consensus among stakeholders around proposed designs
- Within the agreed-upon application architecture, produce technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their objectives
- Ensure solutions and new features are designed and implemented according to established design and architectural standards and practices (and, where necessary, facilitate acceptable tradeoffs)
- Review and analyze detailed business requirements; assist in prioritization and scoping of user stories to align customer expectations with current or future capabilities
- Develop, test, and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed upon timeframes
- Lead software developers in application design and patterns Providing examples if necessary.
- Research new technologies and best practices for approaching and implementing emerging technologies and techniques
- As needed, work as part of the development team, providing technical guidance and direction with examples, POCs, and prototypes
- Research, learn, and provide guidance on preexisting legacy technologies, systems, and techniques
- A systems thinker, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detail-oriented implementation, open minded to new ideas, approaches, and technologies
- A data and fact-driven decision maker, with an ability to make quick decisions under uncertainty when necessary; able to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive, requiring only small pieces to the puzzle, across many technologies new and legacy
- Strong background of application development, largely utilizing service-based and standalone Linux/Unix development stack in a geographically distributed enterprise environment. The level of experience expected would be consistent with someone with at least 6 years of large system development experience
- Deep knowledge around the selection and defining of appropriate data model strategies within traditional RDBMS, NoSQL, and Graph database technologies
- Experience designing large-scale solutions that were deployed to cloud providers (e.g. Microsoft Azure, GCP) and integrated capabilities specific to those platforms
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying large-scale, highly available, service-based software systems (e.g., REST, micro-services), especially extensible platforms that support ecosystems of third-party application/plugin developers
- Experience designing systems that incorporate the following technologies is advantageous: Private cloud abstractions (Pivotal Cloud Foundry), centralized logging (Logstash, Fluentd), search engine (Elasticsearch, Apache Solr), cloud-native architecture, application component redundancy, AI/ML (TensorFlow, Caffe, Apache Spark MLlib), etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and analytical skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and designs to a broad range of people
- Experience working within a variety of project management methodologies such as Agile project approaches (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Waterfall)
- Extensive experience with all aspects of Java and the Spring framework
- C++/Qt knowledge/experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or similar required; MS/MA preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in architecture/design with background in software development required
- 8+ years experience in technologies listed above required
- 3+ years experience in Java, Linux, and Oracle required; experience with infrastructure preferred
This position has been approved as full-time remote and will require occasional travel to the Store Support Center as deemed necessary by your AutoZone manager.