DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Receive soiled and sort all articles by kind, color and degree of soil. Inspect all laundry and linens and records all damaged or stained items.
- Operate washers and dryers according to hotel standards and manufacturers' guidelines.
- Monitor laundry supplies and equipment to ensure they are sufficient and in working order.
- Fold and store clean linens, report damages to supervisor.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning the kitchen area, room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is completed so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Minimize waste of supplies and amenities within all areas of the laundry and housekeeping.
- Handle all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Some previous commercial laundry experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English is preferred; other languages beneficial.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical abilities are preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.