Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles () .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
Were problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, youll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
About the job:
Zoom helps people stay connected so they can get more done together. From meetings, chat, phone, and webinars to conference room systems and online events, Zoom powers all your communication needs. Our secure, reliable video platform offers a high-quality experience that is easy to manage, use, and customize.
Our Search and Discovery team makes it easy for users to navigate and discover relevant information easily in Zooms platform to promote efficient collaboration in the working environment.
We are looking for an aspiring and ambitious machine learning engineering lead who can thrive in a fast-paced agile environment and work cross functionally across teams in the company. Our team is developing the next generation of communication technology that redefines the industry. This position involves working with large amount of data and building machine learning models into production with high user privacy guarantees in place.
As a Machine Learning Engineering Lead on the Search and Discovery team, you will
- Lead and grow the engineering team committed to building innovative products that make Zoom the best place to work.
- Lead the engineering team to deliver high quality technical output
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
- Design, develop and build machine learning models for a world-class information search and discovery platform serving all zoom users
- Utilize instrumentation and experimentation techniques to predict, measure and optimize users search and discovery experience
- Work with massive data and build pipelines to process data at scale
- Productize cutting-edge machine learning technologies to scalable and reliable services
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable using the language you master
Successful candidates we are looking for:
- MS or PhD degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science or other Quantitative fields
- 6+ years relevant experience in Algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Distributed Systems, Data Science and Statistics with 3+ years as a technical leader/manager
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise in at least two of the following fields: supervised and unsupervised machine learning, recommender system, language model and graph learning
- Experience in Natural Language Processing is a plus
- Proven track records in the field of Machine Learning & Algorithms to ship machine learning algorithms into high-quality products and services
- Experience in working with massive datasets, and building machine learning and data pipelines with high engineering standards (e.g., scalability, reliability and maintainability)
- Experience in cross functional communications in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Experience in software development using a general-purpose programming language (eg Python, Java, C/C++ etc)
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here () .
- Hear from our leadership team (://youtu.be/7i2o_tszj5g__;!!K5ATeMLGHIlgtw!N_9bFG2WvSVHNjvQfjuOpRN_CRuOAVcjK-OUBF5KymSi-XOFAnfRCVoBcyNhxGRFJi6P$)
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog ()
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram ()
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site () .