2nd Shift (3p-11p)
Climate controlled, clean facility looking for machine operators!
Pay starts at $16/hour+
Full-time position with benefits. (Included below)
Competitive wage progression program and opportunities for advancement.
Get paid and help save the oceans!
Apply today and help us put an end to plastic straw use - the sea turtles thank you!
You will load paper rolls onto the machine and fill the hopper with unwrapped straws. The machine will wrap the straws before ejecting them from the machine onto a belt that will fill another small hopper. You inspect the straws for defects then pack them into a box. You will make occasional adjustments to the machine while monitoring the operation. Through the shift you will track your production and preform required daily maintenance on the machine.
About the Company:
Aardvark creates straws using natural papers, that are more sustainable and more durable than any other paper straw on the market. Today, these straws can be found throughout the world. In response to the growing anti plastic movement only FDA compliant food-grade, marine degradable and compostable materials are used.
- Medical, Dental and Vison Insurance plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Promotes from within
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Referral Program
Full Job Description
- Perform all set-up process steps to load, operate, and change over a wrapping machine
- Perform all change over process steps to load, operate, and tear down a paper wrapping machine
- Perform various hand on operations that may include cutting, loading & unloading machines, packing, cleanup and assembly
- Meet quality and efficiency standards
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously
- Follow written procedures related to the process you are assigned to perform. These instructions will be provided in written format (i.e. OMS Sheets, SQF quality procedures and written company policies)
- Read work order specifications and can verify dimensions with various measuring devices
- Perform various tasks assigned by department lead, scheduler, supervisor, and management
- Attendance to safety training programs is required
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
This might be the job for you if you
- Are self-motivated with outstanding decision-making skills
- Have organizational and good time management skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good attitude and attendance
- Be willing to learn new things
- Have good hand eye coordination
- Have basic understanding of mechanical equipment and mechanisms
- Have the ability to work scheduled overtime
To apply, please upload a resume and complete an online application at
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Entry Level
- Machine Operation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)