Maintenance Technician performs a variety of light maintenance and janitorial custodial duties for residents, offices, and common areas and community as a whole.
Shift: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. Pay range $15 -$19 / hr depending on experience
A day in the life might include:
- daily and preventive care, repair, and maintenance of building systems and equipment
- plumbing, electrical, roofing, flooring, masonry, painting, mechanical, and carpentry work
- sweeping, mopping and using vacuum cleaners to clean floors
- dusting, cleaning bathroom fixtures and floors and policing building to empty trash receptacle and picking debris
- daily interaction with residents, accommodating their requests in a friendly and courteous manner
To be successful in the role, you would have:
- Previous experience in building maintenance, facilities or construction, or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Attendance at a technical training institute or program is a plus
- Current & valid Drivers' License and driving record free of major infractions
What's in it for you?
As the largest nonprofit owner/operator of senior living communities in California and one of the largest in the country, we are more than just a place to work. We are here to ensure that all we serve are provided with every opportunity to become their best selves as they define it, and this begins with YOU.
HumanGood offers competitive pay and phenomenal benefits. Eligible positions (30+ hours/week) start with 20 paid days off, plus seven holidays, a company-matching 401(k) and health plans that give you cash to use for those unexpected health issues. We also offer a Tuition Reimbursement to promote your career advancement.
Come see what HumanGood has to offer!
The health and safety of our team members and residents is our top priority and with the increasing spread of variants of COVID-19, it is critical that we do all we can to protect one another from this disease.
Where legally permissible, a new hire may begin working after showing proof of their first dose of a one-dose COVID vaccination regimen or their second dose of a two-dose COVID vaccination, or proof of a vaccination appointment within 7 days of their start date. Exemptions based on religious beliefs and qualifying medical reasons will be considered. #HGMAINT