The 'Apply with SEEK' option will be utilized for International applicants, mainly Australia. If this does not apply to you please use the 'Apply' option.
Marine & Cargo Adjuster
IF YOU CARE, THERES A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwicks talented team of 27,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assetstheir employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others. PRIMARY PURPOSE :
To process and resolve marine claims for customers; to maintain communication, and to provide detailed explanation of settlement and fees. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates the cause and extent of the damages, obtains appropriate documentation, and issues settlement.
- Receives and reviews new claims and maintains data integrity in the claims system.
- Assigns surveyors as needed.
- Reviews survey reports and insurance policies for proper coverage.
- Prepares settlement documents and requests payment for the claim and expenses.
- Determines coverage of claims with proper limits and deductibles in accordance with policy information.
- Works with outside engineers, surveyors and various vendors.
- Conducts claim file activities including evaluation, investigation, litigation management & resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS Education & Licensing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Valid driver's license and current insurance coverage required, along with motor vehicle record that meets necessary requirements. Appropriate state adjuster license is required. Experience
Three (3) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of standard marine policies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations. Mental :
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines Physical :
Computer keyboarding, travel as required Auditory/Visual :
Hearing, vision and talking NOTE :
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.