Position: Material Handler, $1500 sign-on bonus
Location: Oconto, WI
Shift: COP (continuous operation)
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Supply all the work centers with raw materials accurately and efficiently. Remove all finished product from each work center and put it back in its proper location.
The job duties of the material handler involves the process of supplying stock to the machines including poly rolls, plastic wrap, paper rolls, stock board, cases, pallets and removing unused stub rolls, garbage and other products for return to the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Manufacturing:
- Unloads inbound freight
- Load outbound freight
- Receives product in using PKMS or LX inventory
- Assesses needs for raw material goods and delivers them to plant
- Shuttling product from the Distribution Center to and from the Plant
- Able to identify different products as schedule requires.
- Operates industrial powered vehicles to move product and cartons in designated locations.
- General building and grounds upkeep
- Assists other team members as necessary
- Responsible for personal safety.
- Responsible for accurate and complete exchange of information with in coming team members.
- Efficiency and time management is a must
- Responsible to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Factory experience preferred but not a requirement
- Certified to operate the mechanical trucks prior to use.
- Utilize the training materials including JSA and appropriate checklists prior to operation of the equipment.
- Sit down forklift (box clamps, roll grabs)
- ICC lock down bar
- Garbage compactor
- Auto wrapper / film
- C184 fork trucks
- Ability to do battery changes to trucks, charging or changing of the gas tanks.
- Able to anticipate appropriate stopping distance when load is applied to pallet during transition.
- Awareness of high traffic within multi-step process or obtaining products from production floor and warehouse.
- Use of foot controls in relation to upper body orientation.
- Aware of traffic areas, potential hazards including pedestrians.
- Aware of equipment position as production changes with particular orders adapting the work station configuration at times
- Proprioception of surrounding area, equipment and traffic flow along the production floor.
- Alert when operating the mechanical trucks.
- Depth perception in order to visualize potential hazard within a given work station or isle way.
- Lifting or manipulating stub rolls from pallet to floor or pallet to pallet.
- Work with others from multiple departments in order to supply appropriate products when requested.
- Able to hear safety sounds, alert of surroundings at all times when operating the mechanical trucks to ensure clearance of the work area.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver's license (CDL preferred)
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure. Compute ration, rate, and percent.
- Able to read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance shop tools, and equipment, and methods of procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work.
- Able to write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar using all parts of speech.
- Able to read instructions for assembling and disassembling equipment and/or machinery.
- Able to write compound and complex sentences, using proper grammar and, proper punctuation.
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be a self motivated individual who can work with little supervision
To apply, please visit our website, www.
to upload your resume and complete an online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)