Leidos is hiring a Mechanical Modeling Engineer - Active TS/SCI Required to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
An active TS/SCI is required; all work is on site at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
The successful candidate will construct highly detailed 3-D geometric computer-aided design (CAD) models of multiple foreign spacecraft on Team Leader-assigned systems; to include static and dynamic characteristics (e.g., external configuration, layout and location of internal subsystems, antenna and solar panel motion, construction techniques, and materials descriptions). CAD models shall be completed in industry standard portable formats, ensuring that products conform to existing standards, as required by the Government. This position will require working as part of a team comprised of military, government, and other contractors to achieve high confidence answers to problems of interest. The qualified candidate must also be able to work independently and have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Construct highly detailed 3-D geometric computer-aided design (CAD) models of multiple foreign spacecraft
- Draft notional capabilities of satellite components.
- Model components or entire vehicles
- Produce high confidence answers to problems of interest on space systems
- Perform all-source intelligence research, analysis, and assessments in accordance with Intelligence Community tradecraft standards.
- TS/SCI security clearance
- BS or Engineering degree with 4+ yrs of related experience or a MS/MA with 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with SolidWorks, NX, Catia, or other similar 3D CAD modeling software
-Professional experience in 3D CAD/CAE.
- Experience with satellite system design, layout, or systems engineering
- Experience with aerospace industry standards and best practices
- Experience with US Intelligence Community standards and procedures