Tucson, ArizonaDepartment Name:
on call generalist needed to help cover at Banner University Medical Center, South
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
- Bachelor's Degree in clinical laboratory science/medical technology, OR Certificate of completion of a Categorical equivalent of MLS program, OR Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science and certification (MLS or categorical).
- Students may be hired at the job title equivalent in clinical laboratory science under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (CLS), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete program within one year of hire.
- Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or other nationally recognized credentialing agency.
- For certain specialty disciplines ONLY (Toxicology, Clinical Mass Spectrometry, etc.) where no certification is available from a certifying agency, a Bachelor's Degree with one year of experience in that discipline is required. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty.
- MT or categorical certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).
- Additional related education and/or experience.
DATE APPROVED 11/05/2019