- Determines appropriate MRI technique and positions patient using immobilization and support devices to ensure optimum image quality
- Operation of advanced and sophisticated state of the art MRI equipment and PACS
- Delivery of patient care and a Service First approach in accordance with departmental standards of continued quality improvement
- Participates and assists the coordinators and manager with image quality activities.
- Ensure a secure and safe patient and work environment by maintaining continued awareness of safety hazards
- Development of leadership skills and professionalism for self through participation in department and/or hospital based committees and continuing education programs
- ARRT certified -This position will need to recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated, ie., understand child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and look for signs of normal aging; prior experience with various age groups is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- -Ability to work independently and able to perform most sophisticated and specialty procedures with minimal supervision. -Ability to operate most MRI equipment. -Demonstrates knowledge and confidence in performance of radiology procedures. -Demonstrates good team work and cooperation with internal/external customers. -Good communication skills. -Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- -Licensed Radiographic Technologist by the IEMA -CPR certification -ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) eligible. 1 yr MRI experience
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- -Ability to communicate with patients. -Ability to adjust to flexible work hours. -Ability to work weekends, holidays and emergency call-back. -Ability to participate in the on-call program and available to department needs with minimal notice. -Ability to do light, medium or heavy lifting. LIGHT: Lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. MEDIUM: Lifting up to 20-50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds constantly. HEAVY: Lifting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds constantly. -Ability to make independent professional decisions using good judgment skills. -Ability to practice high quality patient care and technical competence. -Ability to function with minimal assistance in performing job activities. -Ability to demonstrate oral and written communication skills. -May be exposed to hazardous chemicals such as film processing chemicals. -Ability to attend out-of-town site visits to view equipment.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.