Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in Pasadena, California.
The Nurse Practitioner will report to the Medical Director and, in collaboration with WelbeHealth PACE Physicians and the interdisciplinary team, will provide assessment, planning, primary care, and continuous medical coverage to WelbeHealth PACE participants.
You ll be responsible for:
- Providing primary care and acute illness evaluation and treatment for participants in collaboration with PACE Physicians and Community-Based PACE Physicians.
- In collaboration with a physician, performing in-person comprehensive assessments (initial, semi-annual and unscheduled) on participants and coordinating with the IDT to develop a comprehensive care plan for each participant.
- Collaborating with physician(s) and interdisciplinary team (IDT) in discharge planning from acute or long term care settings
- In consultation with the WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, referring participants to medical specialists as indicated and managing care of participants in the nursing home, making regular visits as dictated by Pasadena PACE standards and participant need.
- Being an active member of the IDT communicating participant changes, collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery.
- Working collaboratively with WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE Physicians and other members of the IDT to ensure effective care coordination.
- Participating in rotating night and weekend call
- At the direction of the Medical Director, reviewing outcomes and utilization data, including review of necessity of hospitalizations and use of specialists; establishing best practices with the Medical Director, and collaborating with clinical staff, WelbeHealth PACE Physicians, Community-Based PACE Physicians and IDT to make policy and procedural improvements to reduce unnecessary utilization and improve participant health.
- Protecting privacy and maintaining confidentiality of all company procedures and information about employees, participants and families.
- Following WelbeHealth PACE policies and procedures and participate in any required QI activities, staff training and meetings.
- Maintaining professional licensure and certifications.
- Acting only within the scope of practice.
Why you ll love working at WelbeHealth:
- You ll play a critical role in bringing the ground-breaking WelbeHealth PACE model of care to scale, providing much needed services to a vulnerable population
- You ll be joining a company that combines the best of mission-driven orientation with innovation, with the opportunity to help shape our programs and processes as we grow
- You ll be surrounded by capable colleagues who care deeply about their work and are greater than the sum of our parts
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with an NP State License.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority.
- Working knowledge of PACE regulations a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years working with the frail or elderly.
- Bilingual speaker strongly preferred.
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the "triple aim" - dedication to improving experience, health, and value for PACE participants.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team.
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT.
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices.
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.