We Are Hiring
Ascension Wisconsin is looking for a 1.0 FTE Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner to join our elite team!
Why Join Our Team
About Ascension Milwaukee Hospitals
- As a member of Ascension Milwaukee Hospitals, our physicians join a large community of providers who are called to deliver compassionate, personalized care for all persons, especially those who are struggling or affected by poverty.
- Shared best practices and knowledge amongst the largest nonprofit provider of care in the country.
- Milwaukee Ascension Hospitals include more than 40 clinic sites of care in Milwaukee as well as 7 owned hospitals averaging a bed size of 250-beds and 2 affiliated orthopedic hospitals, several skilled nursing facilities including the Alexian Village, ambulatory care facilities, home health care, physician practices, managed care services, and 4 cancer centers as well as standalone infusion sites.
- Milwaukee Ascension Hospitals are the heart of the network in Wisconsin, two of which host residents. Ascension hospitals have been recognized for renowned cardiology, behavioral health, womens health, oncology, and neuroscience service lines and more than 200 primary care providers.
- Ideally located on the shores of Lake Michigan, 90 miles North of Chicago.
- Milwaukee is a Gamma Global city.
- Culturally diverse community that offers all of the amenities of a large city with the convenience and quality of life found in a smaller city.
- Three major professional teams including Green Bay Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Milwaukee Admirals, are located here as well as indoor soccer and intercollegiate athletics.
- Cultural activities include the Milwaukee Art Museum, the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, and the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
- For families, Milwaukee has an excellent zoo considered to be among the finest in the country, a world class museum with an IMAX theater, the Betty Brinn Childrens Museum, Discovery World, and an extensive county park system.
- Milwaukee area restaurants offer a delectable cuisine that can satisfy every palate.
- Residents enjoy many outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, and sailing on Lake Michigan; hiking, golfing, bike riding, and walking along the lakefront along with many trails.
- Milwaukee is also host to numerous festivals throughout the summer including Summerfest, the largest music festival in the country.
About Ascension Medical GroupWhen you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care. With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension Franklin is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Nurse Practitioner for our Palliative Care program.
This position will be a split of 3 days at Reiman Cancer Center and 2 days in Tosa.
- Talk with patients and their families regarding goals of care, advanced care planning, patient and family support, and symptom management.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview and examination.
- Provides appropriate treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers concerning treatment options and community resources.
- Documents delivery of health care in accordance with specific specialty area standards and network policy.
Required Credential(s): BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date.
Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Education: Master's degree of Nursing required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster: is the Law Poster SupplementPlease note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.