Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Posting Specialist is responsible for the posting of payments from insurance companies, patients, or any third-party payers to customer accounts. While this position requires little direct patient contact the employee must be able to communicate both written or verbally (via telephone) to answer questions as needed. A/R Posting Specialists will have the ability to provide support to other Accounts Receivable departments as needed. All staff must adhere to all department policies and procedures.
- Accurately identify patient, account number and type of payment/procedure for account application.
- Effectively communicate with inquiring parties (patients, insurance companies or other A/R teams) regarding patient account.
- Accurately apply payments, process refunds or re-submit accounts as needed.
- Identify and communicate insurance company codes to Follow-Up team on payment or denials.
- Correspond with remote locations to verify payments are sent and received, including patient names, account numbers and types of payments.
- Efficiently process incoming paperwork utilizing department resources as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of department policies, insurance protocols and national laboratory reimbursement charges.
- Must have the ability to stay focused and performs job duties efficiently and accurately.
- Employee must comply with Sonic Healthcare USA's compliance policies and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstrate10 key proficiency
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 35 wpm) and 10 Key
- 1 year experience in accounts receivable; direct experience with accounting procedures, cash reconciliation and general accounting principals
- Experience with medical coding, private insurance, laboratory and/or medical billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.