SSM Health is seeking a full-time Gastroenterologist with an IBD focus to join our talented team of GI Providers. Ideal candidates will be BC/BE in GI, will specialize in IBD medicine and will be dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate care for Oklahomans.
SSM Health has built a team of top-rated Gastroenterology and APP's that are leading the way in GI care for the state of Oklahoma.
Tauseef Ali, MD, is the GI Department Chief and one of the nation's top IBD specialists. Dr. Ali brings a high level of expert care to GI patients suffering from IBD and other bowel disorders and hopes to continue to build the program by adding a talented Gastroenterologist to the team that shares the same passion for helping patients live healthy, full lives. Our GI practice affords physicians an interesting mix of cases, manageable volumes, and the opportunity to expand your skills in a IBD-focused practice.
SSM Health values work/life balance and strives to ensure that our physicians have a well-balanced schedule to maintain personal and professional wellness. We also provide multiple leadership opportunities for our physicians and strive to help our providers grow professionally and personally.
- Full-time, employed opportunity with SSM Health Medical Group
- Experienced colleagues who consistently provide high quality care
- Base Guarantee + Production & Opportunity for Bonus
- Signing Bonus & CME Allowance Provided
- Clinic located on SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital Campus in Midtown OKC
- New, state-of-the-art Endoscopy Center (opened in 2020)
- Great benefits including retirement, comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, generous vacation and paid, reimbursed CME
- Highly trained, experienced staff and EHR integrated system wide in order to minimize physician time spent on non-clinical tasks
- Opportunities to work with students, residents and fellows (if desired)
SSM Health in Oklahoma
Oklahomans are known for their commitment, compassion and care. As Oklahomans ourselves, we promise to deliver those same values to every person who steps through our doors. You can trust that when you're here, you're heard. You're prayed with, and you're understood. Because that's how healing happens - through the power of presence.
We are Saints in Action. Here for Oklahoma.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
SSM Health is committed to equal employment opportunity based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, and all other statuses protected by law.