The Principal Systems Engineer for system-level design, test and transfer to production of the RefleXion X1 radiotherapy system. Systems Engineers are members of a talented, multidisciplinary Engineering team that is on a mission to transform cancer treatment. The Principal Systems Engineer leads the system level design of radiotherapy products, working across technical disciplines while solving challenging engineering problems.
- Lead system level architecture investigations for current and next-generation radiotherapy products
- Responsible for system level troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and system testing
- Responsible for systems engineering for a state-of-the-art radiotherapy machine, including creation of system level specifications and system level design verification test plans
- Primary role is to bring a system-level perspective to product development, that translates customer requirements to system level specifications that are measurable and testable
- Responsibilities may extend to reliability and sustaining engineering, manufacturing engineering in transfer to production, as well as issues escalated from installation and field service
- Maintain physical configuration reports on prototype systems, and plan maintenance and upgrade paths for those systems
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, training, and instruction as needed to the rest of the team.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Physics, Engineering, or related field and at least 20 years of direct experience with complex, multidisciplinary systems, or M.S. in Physics, Engineering, or related field and at least 15 years of direct experience with complex, multidisciplinary systems
- Hands-on experience with capital equipment consisting of complex electromechanical subsystems and embedded software.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting requirements of a Quality Management System and risk-based analysis.
- Experience in technical supervision of, or performance of assembly, test, troubleshooting, and design verification testing of complex systems.
- Experience with data driven engineering methodology such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, reliability testing, and Design of Experiments.
- Experience with project management of technical root cause investigations and design verification activities.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels and organizations
- Dedication and determination to get through challenging problems in a fast-paced environment
Company Benefits and Perks - What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us - we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub - for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks - including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site